In 1992, the architect Christian de Portzamparc added a resolutely contemporary wing to the museum.

New exhibition rooms on the ground floor present the first and the last major commissions Bourdelle accepted, through studies and fragments : the Monument aux combattants et défenseurs du Tarn-et-Garonne de 1870-1871 (Monument to the Fighters and Defenders of Tarn-et Garonne of 1870-1871), and the Monument à Adam Mickiewicz (Monument to Adam Mickiewicz) (1908-1928).

In addition to this extension, the museum enjoyed further transformations, with the creation of a storeroom in the basement, a graphic arts room on the first floor, and a library on the second floor.
The museum was thus equipped with a research centre to optimise the preservation and study of its amazing collections of 8,000 archives and photographs, 3,000 sculptures, 4,000 drawings and watercolours, 150 paintings and pastel given or bequeathed to the City of Paris in 1995 and 2002 respectively by Rhodia Dufet Bourdelle.